Lean management seeks to eliminate any waste of time, effort or money by identifying each step in a business process and then revising or cutting out steps that do not create value. JGID business management software has been specifically designed to address these core requirements.
The 3 Guiding principles for lean management include:
- Defining value from the standpoint of the end customer.
- Identifying each step in a business process and eliminating those steps that do not create additional value.
- Making the value-creating steps occur in the best sequence.
Then repeating the first three steps on a continuous basis until all waste and repetition has been eliminated.
The ten rules of lean management can be summarized:
- Eliminating wasteful administration processes,
- Minimizing the number of admin tasks necessary to complete a job,
- Maximizing cash-flow,
- Respond to customer needs with minimal delay,
- Identify from the outset the customer requirements,
- Do it right the first time,
- Empower workers,
- Design for rapid change of task due to market forces, weather conditions etc,
- Partner with suppliers,
- Create a culture of continuous improvement